Friday, July 18, 2014

How to make your own fursuit head!

Hey guys! Thunder here! I have never made a big actual fursuit but I know how to make the head!
I currently am making mini fursuits for statues, plushies, etc. But anywho here is step by step!

Okay first I suggest you make a 'Reference sheet' so you can plan out your fursuit!
Here is what a ref sheet looks like:

NOT MY PICTURE

If you dont want to hand-draw everything here are some free reference sheets ^-^




Once you are finished with your ref sheet Get ready to start your head!
A website that will come in handy: Fursuit Supplies Store
Stuff you will need:
Head dummy (Im ordering mine off of Ebay or Amazon)
Balaclava (Online)
Hot glue gun ( You can find this at an art store)
Grid Paper MIGHT come in handy for extra doodles or ideas
Pencil and Paper for notes (I do this)
Fake eyes (I will be posting a bunch of tutorials around my birthday)
Markers (Just in case)
Bowl of very cold water with ice in it (I use this in case I get burned by the hot glue gun)
Parent supervision if you need it of course
Electric Knife, Trimmers, Good scissors
Clay or Foam for the head base (Foam is much easier in my opinion
Nose (Plastic or Clay is fine)
Faux fur
Flat surface
A small dog brush for combing the hair
Shaver incase you need to shave some parts ( Be careful with this its tricky)
Mesh ( I dont really use this)
Things you shouldnt use:
Elmer's glue (Yuck)
Bags for the base
Cheap fur
Fimo (For a Clay nose) This can also be used for the jaw set, claws, etc.

A tutorial for the base: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BgkWDBgITaU
 I added some extra stuff to the list that I use incase it is helpful for you as well ^-^

Please dont forget to follow my current IG: @thunderwonderaj
Share this :3

Another easy way to get supplies is through bidding either on ebay or www.furbuy.com

Any questions Please email me: artistypaws@gmail.com or leave your questions in the comments!

Hoped this Kind of helped you guys! I will be posting more dont worry!
More tutorials will be posted on my other youtube channel and on here so stay tuned!






*No copyright intended. Background for blog is NOT my drawing. (It looks exactly like my OC) Most pictures are not mine*



















No comments:

Post a Comment